Maintain Your Security Online
- After login your connection will expire if it is idle for 10 minutes. If this happens, you will be required to log in again.
- It is strongly recommended NOT to use the "Save Password" function of your browser.
- Web browsers contain a padlock icon in the browser window when you are on a secure page.
- Check the SSL security certificate by double clicking the padlock icon.
- Be sure that the URL on the certificate matches the URL of the page you are viewing.Be sure that the URL begins with HTTPS, instead of HTTP (see image to right).
- Pay close attention to the URL (Web site address) of the site you are visiting to make sure it is actually the site you believe it to be. For MyLeo the URL should be https://www.company.myleo.com
- Some websites that link to us display our secure pages within their own web page. This is called a "frame", and is usually harmless. Unfortunately, when our secure pages are displayed in a frame, you cannot confirm the secure construction of the URL or see the "lock" icon on your browser. Some sites will have a "no frames" button in the frame; click on this to see the actual web site you are viewing. Or, you can right-click in the web site and select "Properties" to view the actual URL that you are viewing, and confirm that the connection uses SSL security.
- When you're finished with any secure online session, always remember to Log Off or close your browser window, particularly when using public Internet access services.
- Be cautious about performing sensitive transactions on public computers; make sure you use public computers at a reputable provider - if the PC is not properly secured, hardware and software can be modified to capture keystrokes and other data that could disclose your personal information regardless of the security provided by the website.
- Ensure that others are not looking at your keyboard over your shoulder as you enter your PIN or password or looking at any personal information. This is particularly important at public Internet access locations.